Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The padlocked chest==fiction

The padlocked chest
I sneaked into the old abandoned house at the end of the street. I was surprised to find a small, padlocked treasure chest on a dresser right in front of the door. I also noticed a small key hanging on the wall. I tried the key in the padlock. It was a perfect fit.


           Slowly opening the brown musty chest, I imagined myself discovering some ancient treasures billion dollars worth money. However, hopes crashed as the chest started to show it’s inside. Dust. Four black corners. And…… nothing.
           ‘Damn.’ So it was; I wasted one minute and twenty-eight seconds just to experience the annoying feeling of Monday morning. Besides, the cold, wet feeling of some unrecognizable brown dirt was now transmitted to my already-unsanitary hands.
           Slowly standing up, I was about to get out of this weird place…
TAP.
“Aaaaaaaaah!!!!!”  Someone? Something? I wasn’t sure, but I was completely horrified by the sudden attack from an unknown object. Desperate, I did what a sixteen-year old girl would do in emergency, sway my arms and legs quite hilariously as I cried out for the justice of human society. “Hey, stop! Stop!!” What? I stopped. Surprisingly, the face that my adorable green lantern showed was Jake. He was one of the troublemakers in school, wearing his so called ‘cool’ headphones as usual.
“What are you doing here?” I mumbled, because embarrassment started to make its way to me. “Well, what are YOU doing here?” Jake asked confidently. “Oh, I’m… just fooling around.” My shivering voice didn’t sound convincing at all.
“Well, it’s not really important… Anyway, do you know how to get out from here?” Huh? Get out from where? “What are you talking about?” I pointed to the door, eager to prove that he was wrong. “Look, can’t you even see the door, you stupid?” “But it’s locked, you stupid.” Baffled, I tried to open the door that looked like the only ‘sturdy’ thing in this house: quite a strange object for quite a strange house. Tack, tack… It didn’t open. Terrified, I mumbled to myself, “ It can’t be…  It can’t be…There would be other paths, right?” “Sorry, there’s no other paths; that’s why I asked you. “ He spitted out too coldly, as if he already lost hope. He collapsed to his knees, saying, “How much more time will I spend in this dark, humid place?” But I noticed something that I should’ve noticed; someone intentionally locked the door. This gave me another fear, since an image of cruel kidnappers immediately came to my mind. Afraid to shout more, I relied on my dim green light to write a message, using layers of dust on the ground.
Someone trying to harm us
After finishing the sentence, I pinched Jake to show this to him. “Ouch. What the he….” He stopped grumbling at the sight of a sentence. He shrugged his head, and then swept the ground to write a new sentence.
You have any good ideas
Wow. He was asking my opinion. Well… There were two choices… Break the door or find the criminal… So I had to make a choice. Usually when I made a choice, I would spit on the ground to decide. So I did.....n't. This choice wasn't like 'two-weeks grounded' no TV watching for three weeks: it was about whether I was found dead or not. Well., the frist choice. Two people might work out for this old house's old door to break easily. Wait. The door, made by dark brown oak, was the only 'strong' object, or 'fine' object in the house; doubted that we could figure a way to crash it. So the choice was narrowed into 'finding the criminal'... But even if we found the criminal, would it be 'a way' to escape? If someone 'tried' to harm us he would definitely be armed; probably more than two weak teenagers can handle. Is there any other choice? I thought desperately. Escaping out the window? No. There weren't any windows in this house. Well... was it really? I pinched Jakes skin, which lay unprepared at all for another attack. Again, I whispered."Hey, were there really NO windows at all? I thought I saw some windows when I saw this house from on-side."  "My eyes aren't that bad. I've been searching here for five hours, even though it's my estimation. By the way, don't pinch!" His voice slightly went up at the last sentence, but I prepared my response calmly...
Huh? There, some squeaky sound was coming out. Where is it from? Constantly rolling my eyes, I found the door handle turning."Hey, what's that?" Jake shrieked as he jumped back, strongly pulling with his arms. Kicking the door off, the creature that appeared right in front of us was.... a green monster, with his jaws opened wide. "Hey!" Suddenly, Jake shouted and I realized why. This green furry monster was swaying his huge arm at us, determined to destroy us! Jake and I barely managed to avoid his first attack, but the monster was already preparing his next attack, which definitely looked fatal! Running towards the other side of the dusty room, I thought of a way to get out now that the sturdy door was completely out of its place, scattered into pieces of wood chucks. If only someone could risk to get the attention of this monster for 10 seconds, it would work..
So I pushed Jake aside using for my full power, while shouting... out, " Go out and call people! I'll handle the monster!"
Jake looked at me for one second as if I was insane, but yeah, I was.
"Hey! Monster, catch me! Catch me!" I shouted out desperately to the green monster, which was now staring at me. I quickly darted out to the other side of the room while constantly stimulating ‘it’.
Now…Now… The green monster started to move over to my side: slowly but definitely. Take two more steps then it was safe for Jake to go.
ONE,
AND TWO! "Run!!" I gave Jake the cue. Jake immediately went out to the door, and left me with this gigantic creature. But this time the monster was too quick for me to run away from his attack, completely damaging me, and I felt some hot liquid running behind my neck. My sight was starting to blur, as my legs started to become limp....
"Wake up!" This sound awakened me. Slowly opening my eyelid, I saw my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.